Thursday, March 22, 2012

Here's to Things That Appear Impossible


And again he said, "To what shall I compare the kingdom of God? It is like leaven that a woman took and hid in three measures of flour, until it was all leavened."
Luke 13:20-21


So here I am thinking maybe we are the leaven, right?  Like, here I am, of the Kingdom of God - the leaven.  And if I am plunked down in the midst of a little community of people - the flour - who don't know the Lord, and I am there, just sort of doing my thing, being me (Christ in me the hope of Glory), doodling right along .... over time .... through conversation ... small acts of service ... maybe some humility (in my case this is unlikely) ...  listening ears ... accepting peoples' absurdities with a grin instead of an eye-roll ... not complaining (again, in my case unlikely) ... maybe this group of people - this flour - just may become leavened. 

Maybe.  


And with hope, definitely.
Matthew 11:12 forcefully advancing.  bring it.

No comments: